Happy Friday! And Happy June! We love the beginning of the month, which brings guest designers, new themes for our Case FIles, and new sponsors--and we have three sponsors in June!

Our first sponsor is Meg's Garden.

Meg’s Garden of papercraft delights is a dynamic Australian internet based company which thrives on providing a unique product range of papers, accessories & ephemera to its customers. The philosophy of the owner, Meg Foreman, is to be a trendsetter with new & gorgeous products; to make the store an inspirational haven, by creating an image so that the customer can come in, stroll through the garden & fill their garden basket with ideas & goodies.

The papers are Australian designed & printed. The embellishments & ephemera are sourced from local & overseas markets in order to provide a fabulous range with which to accessorize & complement the papers for collage, scrapbooking & all other papercraft projects. The blog features a fabulous Design Team with a variety of artistic talents.
Come Stroll through the Garden.

Take a look at the lovely prize donated by Meg's Garden this month, the Correspondence Collection. This is an exciting & unique collection from a new Designer - Kerry-Jean Watson. You have seen her projects on the blog & now she has turned her talents into designing papers. The Collection is made up of 6 papers 12x12” with a 4x12” strip; a cut & create ephemera sheet along with a mini pack of the 12x12” papers reduced to 145mm square – these are ideal for cardmakers. Totally love these papers - they lend themselves to so many papercraft styles. From shabby chic with laces, flowers & ribbons to steampunk with cogs & distressing.  Not only that, they make fab backgrounds; you can tear & create strips as an addition to a project; perfect for heritage work.

Check out the beautiful inspiration at the Meg's Garden blog

Our second main sponsor is Core'dinations

Core'dinations is the only color core cardstock avaible. When using it sanding, tearing, embossing and distressing works best to create unique scrapbook layouts, cards and altered  projects. The more you play with it, the better it looks! Of course, it works great "as is" too!

Not only do we have our Core Essentials line that focuses on color families and colors that match virtually any project, but we have some speciality likes like our Black Magic, Chocolate Box, Whitewash and NEW Chalk Core that with a little sanding, tearing, or embossing, you can uncover the vivid core colors hidden beneath the texture. The beautiful color on the reverse side makes them perfect for cardmaking and photo matting, too!

We enjoy inspiring papercrafters all of the world with our unique projects and are so happy to be part of the CSI experience! If you love color, then you will LOVE Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock! Make sure you sign up to be a HardCore Crafter for exclusive videos and other membership perks!  

Here's a look at the prize donated by Core'dinations (subject to availability--in case this item is out-of-stock, another product may be substituted).

Be sure to visit the Core'dinations blog for loads of inspiration.

We're also excited to announce our third main sponsor, The Trinket Track. Here are a few words from the owner, Monica Brady:

My name is Monica and I have been an avid papercrafter for 9 years. Beginning with scrapbooking, I have been extremely fortunate to be part of many design teams and creative teams in the industry, as well as having many publications in Australian Scrapbooking Memories magazine, Scrapbook Creations and Creating Keepsakes.

I became interested in card making after buying my first Magnolia stamp just over 2 years ago - from that day on I was hooked!!

In 2011, I began to make and sell my own handmade goods but my main objective has always been to open up my own store so in September 2011 The Trinket Track was born!

I have many plans for my little store. The main one being of course, to expand the amount and variety of products and include both sourced materials as well as handmade stock.

I source popular on "trend" items as well as old favourites and sometimes, something a little different. We buy directly from the supplier which means we source our product in large bulk quantities keeping the cost down! We also offer no bulk shipping for national and international customers. This allows us to offer you a low price on postage costs.

We are based in Brisbane, QLD and always welcome customers who wish to pick up their parcels! 2014 will offer great changes to the store! Happy crafting!

One lucky player will win a voucher to spend at The Trinket Track. You can see the beautiful trinkets in use at The Trinket Track blog.

As always, we're grateful to have our generous permanent sponsor, Flying Unicorn...it’s about One of a Kind. They offer an incredible selection of products for all paper crafting artists. Their Kit of the Month is filled with the latest and greatest and includes an off-the-page project to keep your creative muse flowing! Be sure to check out the Flying Unicorn forums, a hot and happening place which includes monthly challenges, tips, techniques and friendships that last! They also have a blog and a Facebook page where you can find loads of inspiration!

And we are so happy to have Scrapbook Fantasies as another permanent sponsor. Scrapbook Fantasies is donating a prize of beautiful ribbons and trims each week to our Star Witness.  Scrapbook Fantasies is a Scrapbooking, Papercrafts and Mixed Media business opened in November 2002 in Gladstone, Queensland.  The well stocked store receives new stock daily, and supports a boutique style online store here.  The owner Alicia Redshaw runs Weekly Challenges and many other competitions giving away over $250 dollars in store vouchers every month.  The Gallery  hosts thousands of customer creations, and is available for viewing without login. Parcels are posted within Australia at a flat $6.50 or the actual postage rate (whichever is the lesser), or FREE for orders over $100.  International parcels are posted at the actual postage rate. Here is a sample of the beautiful ribbons and trims that our Star Witness will receive (the actual package will coordinate with this week's palette):

We are excited to have the design teams of all our sponsors joining us as Guest Detectives (and three of our Detectives are serving as Double Agents this month). Joining us from Meg's Garden are Adriana Bolzon, Annette Gearside, Heather Jacob, Kerry-Jean Watson, and Sue Smyth. From Core'dinations, we have Ava Gavloski, Debbie Standard, and Susanna Lee.

Our June Special Agent is Alena Grinchuk. Some beautiful layouts I saw on Pinterest led me to Alena's blog, and I just had to ask her to join us this month!

As always, we have a special team of Special Investigators, handpicked from our CSI members. These ladies' work in the gallery consistently catches our eye. Please welcome Amy Prior, Celeste Delorenzi, Mag&Scrap, and Taru Jehkonen.

We are also happy to have our talented team of Special Deputies, who were chosen as our favorites from the April Scrap365 Case File: Adri du Preez, Ginny Hickmott, Mayoori Jain, Nicolle Kramer, and Wendy Sue Bennett.

Please visit all our guest designers' pages in the Guest Detective forum to say hi, read a little about them, visit their blogs, and to hear how they responded to our "Interrogation." 

June Brides is what comes to mind this month, so we're celebrating June with some wonderful, creative wedding images for our Case FIles. This week's delightful Scene was found at Weddings Illustrated.

So are you ready for this week's challenge? Grab your forensics kits, CSI members, and get ready for some serious sleuthing as we open Case File No. 126.  

**Remember to scroll all the way down for RGB codes, color descriptions, and more thorough explanations of the Evidence and Testimony prompts.

So...are you ready for some serious inspiration?

Our inspiring Special Detectives from Meg's Garden expertly solved the Case File...

Our amazing Special Detectives from Core'dinations solved the Case File like this:

Our fabulous Special Agent, Alena Grinchuk, also expertly cracked the Case File:

Our talented team of Special Investigators rocked the Case File...  

Our team of Special Deputies also cleverly solved the case:

And this is how the CSI Detectives have masterfully cracked the case, arranged by color in order of The Scheme.

**To read about the design team's journaling, please visit their pages in the gallery.

**Detailed clues, as promised... 

For those new to the challenge, you can learn more about the challenge rules here and here.

• Say It With Chevrons- bright turquoise, taken from the chevrons on the cake - 52.181.186
  • Blue Suede Shoes - light blue, taken from the highlight on the vase - 198.237.234
  • Sparkling- White, taken from the invitation- 255.255.255
  • Golden Bouquet-sunny yellow, taken from the flowers  - 248.230.146
  • Marigold- orange, taken from the flower bouquet - 254.156.19

• chevrons
  • polka dots
  • flowers, leaves
  • numbers
  • ampersand
  • hearts
  • transparent elements
  • crystals
  • something sweet (interpret as you like)
  • rub-ons
  • flourishes
  • textured paper
  • scallops

• Write your journaling as an invitation.
  • Journaling spot with a decorative edge.
  • "He Said, she Said" --journal from two perspectives.
  • Stack your journaling spots.
  • Use a List Prompt.
  • Inspiration Words: celebrate, cheerful, invite -- use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title.

We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing Case File No. 126 is Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to include the number 126 in the title when you add your layout to the gallery, and tag your layout 126 (no # symbol).

Thus, you have a week plus the two weekends to complete your layout.

(See count-down timer on the right-hand sidebar of most pages.)

We can't wait to see what YOU create!

Find more photos like this on CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

Views: 978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very inspiring ladies!

Cool colors, still working on 125 though!
Super awesome reveal! I always love seeing all the different ways the case gets solved. Kylie, you once again made me laugh!

Superb challenge...just love that happy palette...gorgeous pages...wow, aren't they marvellous!

Beautiful work from everyone! Just love how bright and happy this palette is!

What fun vibrant colours!  Yay cant wait to get started!

Thanks for all the inspiration everyone.

Hi Everyone!!  I'm new to CSI - and I must say WOW!!!

Quick question - what do the numbers refer to:

• Say It With Chevrons- bright turquoise, taken from the chevrons on the cake - 52.181.186
  • Blue Suede Shoes - light blue, taken from the highlight on the vase - 198.237.234
  • Sparkling- White, taken from the invitation- 255.255.255
  • Golden Bouquet-sunny yellow, taken from the flowers  - 248.230.146
  • Marigold- orange, taken from the flower bouquet - 254.156.19

Design Team Call!

Translate, please.

Please donate if you can...

Major Case File No. 178 due

Case File No. 177 due

Challenge Rules

Please note that to win a prize, you need to follow the challenge guidelines. Basically,

• You need to follow the challenge (use all 5 colors, at least two Evidence clues, and at least one Testimony clue).
  • In the description, you need to describe the Evidence and Testimony clues.
  • You need to upload your layout by the deadline.

To see how we choose winners, click here.

Share the Flair

We're on facebook!

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

Promote Your Page Too

Counter Started 3/23/13

CSI Case Files

Come see the case file, our design team's layouts, and chat about the challenges.

193 discussions

Identify Yourself

Come say hi and introduce yourself! (Be sure to add a link to your blog if you have one.)

304 discussions

Full Disclosure (Special Announcements)

Check here for the latest CSI news and updates.

73 discussions

Interrogation Room

Got a question? Here's the place to find the answer!

72 discussions

Witness Stand

Get to know each other! Come chat about anything scrappy or anything else that's on your mind.

31 discussions

A room for the CSI team to share tips and techniques and a peek into our scrap rooms.

66 discussions

© 2015   Created by Debbi Tehrani - DT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service