Happy Friday, CSI Members!

What a fabulous month March has been! The gallery has been so amazing, and we can't wait to see who will be applying for the design team.

We're wrapping up our March Winds with a lovely, fresh palette that is just perfect for outdoor photos.

We want to thank Words or Whatever for sponsoring us this month. We have several new Special Detectives from the WOW team this week, along with a few who have already solved past cases. Be sure to stop by the Guest Detective Forum and say hi.

We'd also like to thank Melinda Thompson, our Special March Guest Detective, for all her gorgeous inspiration, and our team of Special Investigators, Debbi McCue, Ellinor Bergdahl, Jennifer Shaw, and  Sarah Martin, who have delighted us with their fantastic creations all month!

So, are you ready for the next challenge? Grab your forensics kits, CSI Members, because it's time to do some serious sleuthing as we present Case File No. 13.

(Remember to scroll all the way down for RGB codes, color descriptions, and more thorough explanations of the Evidence and Testimony.)

Here is how our WOW Guest Detectives solved Case File No. 13...

Melinda Thompson, our Special Guest Detective, solved the Case File this way...

Here is how our Special Investigators cracked the case...

And here is how the CSI Detectives solved the Case File...

Here are your CSI Coordinates for this Case File. CSI Coordinates can always be found at the bottom of the reveal threads.  Scroll all the way to the bottom, where it says "Attachments." They are just above the reply box. Read about some tips on how to use these cool printables here. 

**Detailed clues, as promised...

COLOR DETAILS & RGB CODES

• Twirly Taupe - (a sandy beige) - taken from the lighter parts of pinwheel - 229.220.202
  • Krafty - (kraft) - taken from the darker parts of pinwheel - 198.174.138
  • Breezyr Blue - (powder blue) - taken from the gem in the center - 177.224.232
  • I've Got Sunshine - (bright golden yellow) - taken from the string - 237.215.91
  • Green, Green Grass - (green with a hint of olive) - grass to the right of pinwheel = 143.149.81

EVIDENCE DETAILS

Choose two (or more)of the following elements to include on your layout:

• Make a pinwheel (here are two tutorials on how to make them: here and here ).
  • hearts
  • string/yarn/fiber/ twine
  • map print
  • jewels
  • Make a spiral flower, like in the center of the pinwheel.
  • Tuck a little surprising detail somewhere on your page.

JOURNALING DETAILS (TESTIMONY)

Choose one (or more)of the following to inspire your journaling:

• Document something related to play (child or adult play).
  • Tuck your journaling into something so that it's partially hidden.
  • Write your journaling so that it goes in a circle or spiral.
  • Write one central idea and four supporting details/examples (as inspired by the center of the pinwheel and the 4 parts coming off of it.
  • Inspiration words: play, surprise, delight -- Use these as a jumping-off point for your journaling (not just as a title).

We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing Case File No. 13

is Sunday, April 8, 11:59 p.m. EST.

Thus, you have a week plus the two weekends to complete your layout.

(See count-down timer on the right-hand sidebar of most pages.)

We can't wait to see what you create!

Find more photos like this on CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

Views: 1590

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Debbie, another nice challenge. I can't see the attachment link for Michelle's co-ordinates for this challenge. It doesn't appear to be here.

Oops! So sorry, Sandra. I totally forgot. I do the draft in another spot on the site that doesn't allow me to attach files, and when I copied the draft into this forum, I forgot to attach it. It's there now. Thanks SO much for pointing it out.  I've added it now. :)

What a fab challenge! love the clues, the evidence and the testimony! hope to finally play along :).

Thanks for the inspiration, the printables and the turorials.

Oh, I do hope you will jump in, Libeeti!

Such beautiful work everyone! Can't wait to see what the members will create! Sorry I was so quiet last week, I have been sick, better now and hopefully it won't come back again.

I hope you're all better, Anna-Karin!

Gorgeous, gorgeous work from everyone!

Can't wait to see all the beautiful work from our members this week!

What an inspiring case file and love the layouts you've created:-)
Don't think I get to do this one:-( on easter holiday:-) but will use it when I come back home, for sure:-)

RSS

Translate, please.

Please donate if you can...

Major Case File No. 172 due

Case File No. 174 due

Challenge Rules

Please note that to win a prize, you need to follow the challenge guidelines. Basically,

• You need to follow the challenge (use all 5 colors, at least two Evidence clues, and at least one Testimony clue).
  • In the description, you need to describe the Evidence and Testimony clues.
  • You need to upload your layout by the deadline.

To see how we choose winners, click here.

Share the Flair

We're on facebook!

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

Promote Your Page Too

Counter Started 3/23/13

Forum

CSI Case Files

Come see the case file, our design team's layouts, and chat about the challenges.

189 discussions

Identify Yourself

Come say hi and introduce yourself! (Be sure to add a link to your blog if you have one.)

303 discussions

Full Disclosure (Special Announcements)

Check here for the latest CSI news and updates.

72 discussions

Interrogation Room

Got a question? Here's the place to find the answer!

72 discussions

Witness Stand

Get to know each other! Come chat about anything scrappy or anything else that's on your mind.

30 discussions

CSI Lab

A room for the CSI team to share tips and techniques and a peek into our scrap rooms.

66 discussions

© 2015   Created by Debbi Tehrani - DT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service