Happy Friday! We hope you enjoyed the first Case File for the Queen's Birthday month, and we can't wait to share this week's challenge. We think you'll agree that this week's challenge is the bee's knees!

We are delighted to have the Little Black Dress Kit Club as our June sponsor. One peek at their site, and you will know that Little Black Dress  is a hip, trendy, fashionable kit club. Little Black Dress is going to give prizes to three lucky winners this month! And we're so excited to have their design team join us as Guest Detectives for June. Joining us this week is Valerie O'Neall.

Our team of Special Investigators is sure to inspire you this month: Arnlaug Koppang, Irma Peredne, and Paloma Carvalho. These ladies are enthusiastic participants at CSI, and their work consistently catches our eye in the gallery. We were very sad to hear that Elaine Rolfe will not be able to be with us for the rest of the month. Elaine just learned that her husband is very ill, and our hearts go out to her. Will you please say a special prayer for Elaine and her family?

Please use the links to visit all these ladies' pagesin the Guest Detective forum to say hi and to hear how they responded to our "Interrogation."

As always, Michele has created a fantastic set of printables for you! CSI Coordinates can always be found at the bottom of the reveal threads.  Scroll all the way to the bottom, where it says "Attachments." They are just above the reply box. Read about some tips on how to use these cool printables here

As you learned last week, we are celebrating all things royal in June, as June is the month of the Queen's Birthday! My very good British friend, Tracee Provis told me that this year is an especially momentous year, as it's the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. This year, the Queen will celebrate 60 years on the throne. Our delightful inspiration image (aka "The Scene") came from Susan Mitchell, illustrator of whimsical, magical images.

So are you ready for this week's challenge? Grab your forensics kits, CSI members, and get ready for some serious sleuthing as we open Case File No. 22. 

(Remember to scroll all the way down for RGB codes, color descriptions, and more thorough explanations of the Evidence and Testimony.)

Here is how our talented Guest Detectives from the Little Black Dress design team solved Case File No. 22...

Our talented team of Special Investigatorshave solved the case this way...

And here is how the CSI Detectiveshave solved the case, arranged by predominant color in the order of The Scheme...

**Detailed clues, as promised...

• Sunshine - a nice bright, sunny yellow - taken from the background - 252.228.120
  • Wattle - a yellowish-green, taken from the leaves on the right (I looked it up and this color's called wattle, after a plant) - 217.205.57
  • Busy Green - a green with a hint of olive - taken from the deeper part of the leaves on the right - 152.150.41
  • Bumble Pink - a coral pink with a hint of orange - taken from the bee's rosy cheeks - 244.125.121
  • Reigning Rose - a rosy, true pink with cooler tones - taken from the middle of the clouds - 244.199.219

• flowers
  • clouds
  • bees
  • wings
  • a crown accent
  • a monogram
  • stripes
  • something translucent (inspired by the bee's wings)
  • rub-ons
  • border punch

• Queen for a Day - Document a memory where you felt like you were queen for a day.
  • Use a letter of the alphabet to write an alliterative caption.
  • Q is for Queen - Use any letter and write a story beginning "A is for ..." or "B is for..." etc.
  • Write your journaling in the form of a letter. 
  • Use a border punch on your journaling spot.
  • Inspiration Words (these should inspire your journaling--not just be a title): busy, sun (sunshine/sunny), lovely

We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing Case File No. 23

is Sunday, June 17, 11:59 p.m. EST.

Thus, you have a week plus the two weekends to complete your layout.

(See count-down timer on the right-hand sidebar of most pages.)

We can't wait to see what you create!

Find more photos like this on CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

Views: 1240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful layouts! Loved this case file. Looking forward to seeing all the member layouts!

Oh ladies, I just love the color combo, the testemony and evidences, I am eager to make my own page.

You ladies did such a nice job for inspiration on your layouts.

brazilian kiss kiss.

Gorgeous work from everyone, as always! I'm excited about how pretty and colorful the gallery will be this week!

Lovely color combo and printables! I'll try it...

Love the case file this week. I just finished my layout, will have to wait until morning to take a photo of it. The printables were just darlin' too! Great job!!

what a great challenge! 

Can't wait to see what you ladies make!

Printables are truly inspired--thanks Michele!  I am SO inspired to try this challenge, thanks to a small encouragement from Erica, who responded in my Introduction.  I already have the picture in mind; very rarely am I inspired in order!  Let's see if I can make the deadline!

Michele's Coordinates are awesome, aren't' they? 

So glad you introduced yourself and that you're jumping into the Case Files. Looking forward to seeing what you make, Shari! 

Hello! I finished mine and have it uploaded in the gallery. I wasn't sure i was suppose to post here too.  This was my first challenge here and I truly was challenged and inspired! :) 

Design Team Call!

Translate, please.

Please donate if you can...

Major Case File No. 178 due

Case File No. 177 due

Challenge Rules

Please note that to win a prize, you need to follow the challenge guidelines. Basically,

• You need to follow the challenge (use all 5 colors, at least two Evidence clues, and at least one Testimony clue).
  • In the description, you need to describe the Evidence and Testimony clues.
  • You need to upload your layout by the deadline.

To see how we choose winners, click here.

Share the Flair

We're on facebook!

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

Promote Your Page Too

Counter Started 3/23/13

CSI Case Files

Come see the case file, our design team's layouts, and chat about the challenges.

193 discussions

Identify Yourself

Come say hi and introduce yourself! (Be sure to add a link to your blog if you have one.)

304 discussions

Full Disclosure (Special Announcements)

Check here for the latest CSI news and updates.

73 discussions

Interrogation Room

Got a question? Here's the place to find the answer!

72 discussions

Witness Stand

Get to know each other! Come chat about anything scrappy or anything else that's on your mind.

31 discussions

A room for the CSI team to share tips and techniques and a peek into our scrap rooms.

66 discussions

© 2015   Created by Debbi Tehrani - DT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service