Happy Friday! And happy March! A new month brings lots of new surprises at CSI...a new sponsor, new guest designers, and a new theme to tie together our Case Files. And we're excited to announce a new Detective. Kasia Grzegorzewska is joining our design team. Her work is positively enchanting, and we had to have her join us.

We're excited to have Sizzix as our main sponsor in March!

The Sizzix brand was launched in 2001 as an extension into the crafting market by parent company Ellison.  Ellison began in 1977 in the education market.  The company founder was a teacher who spent hours cutting shapes for displays and learning tools in her classroom.  Her husband, who was an engineer created a simple press machine to simplify her cutting.  The education brand continues today with many schools using the Ellison products to enrich the learning experience for their classrooms.  The expansion into the craft market has enriched the lives of many crafters by providing creative and affordable tools for die cutting, electronic die cutting, and embossing.  Sizzix offers a large variety of designs and styles and partners with many popular industry designers to create signature collections.  Sizzix provides the tools to let crafters create something unique and truly their own!

Sizzix has a fantastic blog providing inspiration galore! We are thrilled to have layout designers from the Sizzix design team join us as Guest Detectives this month. Anna-Karin, our very own CSI Detective, is a part of the Sizzix design team.  This week, we have Jan Hobbins and Richele Christensen joining us with beautiful inspiration!

Here is a look at the  prize you could win this month--six awesome Sizzix embossing folders:

We are also delighted to have Flying Unicorn as our permanent sponsor. Flying Unicorn...it’s about One of a Kind. They offer an incredible selection of products for all paper crafting artists. Their Kit of the Month is filled with the latest and greatest and includes an off-the-page project to keep your creative muse flowing! Flying Unicorn is generously donating a gift certificate to CSI winners each month.

And we are tickled to have Scrapbook Fantasies as a permanent sponsor who is donating a prize of beautiful ribbons and trims each week to our Star Witness.  Scrapbook Fantasies is a Scrapbooking, Papercrafts and Mixed Media business opened in November 2002 in Gladstone, Queensland.  The well stocked store receives new stock daily, and supports a boutique style online store here.  The owner Alicia runs Weekly Challenges and many other competitions giving away over $250 dollars in store vouchers every month.  The Gallery  hosts thousands of customer creations, and is available for viewing without login. Parcels are posted within Australia at a flat $6.50 or the actual postage rate (whichever is the lesser), or FREE for orders over $100.  International parcels are posted at the actual postage rate. Here is the beautiful offering this week, which is hand-picked to coordinate with this week's Case File:

Our February Special Agent is Iris Babao Uy. Iris is a talented and popular designer who has designed for numerous manufacturers, kit clubs, stores, and challenges. She currently designs for Fancy Pants Designs, BasicGrey, Webster's Pages, Aussie Scrap Source, Blue Fern Designs, and The Color Room. We are very lucky that Iris is fitting us into her very busy scrappy schedule! Iris will be here later on this month with her beautiful pages.

We also have some very special CSI Members joining the design team this month as our team of Special Investigators:  Billie-Jean Beveridge, Laurence Kovacic, Lynnise Bowman, and Rachelle Olaridge . These ladies' beautiful work has consistently caught our eye in the gallery, and their creations this week are equally inspiring!

Please visit all our guest designers' pages in the Guest Detective forum to say hi and to hear how they responded to our "Interrogation."

As always, Michele has created a fabulous set of printables for you! Check out all the gorgeous butterfly elements Michele made for us! We can't wait to see how you use the Coordinates this week! 

CSI Coordinates can always be found at the bottom of the reveal threads.  Scroll all the way to the bottom, where it says "Attachments." They are just above the reply box. Read about some tips on how to use these cool printables here

March is National Women's Month, so we are celebrating girls and women this month with our Case Files. This week's Scene comes from graphic designer Joy Deangdeelert Cho's blog, Oh Joy!

So are you ready for this week's challenge? Grab your forensics kits, CSI members, and get ready for some serious sleuthing as we open Case File No. 61. 

**Remember to scroll all the way down for RGB codes, color descriptions, and more thorough explanations of the Evidence and Testimony prompts.

Our inspiring Guest Detectives from Sizzix have brilliantly cracked the Case File...

This is how oOur talented team of Special Investigators have solved the case...  

And this is how the CSI Detectives have masterfully cracked the case, arranged by predominant color in the order of The Scheme...

**Detailed clues, as promised... 

For those new to the challenge, you can learn more about the challenge rules here and here.

THE SCHEME (USE ALL 5 COLORS)

• Tangerine Dreams - medium orange, taken from her skirt - 242.155.110
  • Sunshine Hopes - muted yellow, taken from her title (but I lightened it up) - 253.226.159
  • White Wishes - white (slightly off-white), taken from the wall) - 255.252.247
  • Gray Aspirations - gray, taken from the shadows on the wall - 210.207.192
  • Obsidian Objectives -black, taken from her hair - 29.14.9

EVIDENCE (CHOOSE AT LEAST 2 ELEMENTS)

• butterflies
  • fabric
  • something hanging/dangling
  • plain white background
  • rub-ons
  • buttons
  • gold accents
  • pleating
  • string

TESTIMONY (CHOOSE AT LEAST 1 ELEMENT)

• Document a dream or aspiration
  • Try Daydreaming on Paper (try the Tuesday Ten or the Inspire Me button)
  • Stroll through Quill Takes Flight and be inspired by her entries.
  • Use a question from here as inspiration for your journaling.
  • Add buttons to your journaling spot
  • Inspiration Words: -- keep, dream(ing), big use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title

We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing Case File No. 61

is Sunday, March 10, 11:59 p.m. EST.

Thus, you have a week plus the two weekends to complete your layout.

(See count-down timer on the right-hand sidebar of most pages.)

We can't wait to see what YOU create!
Find more photos like this on CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

Views: 1607

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow!!! I really love those Colors.....

Love these colors too!

I love these colours too - but I'm going to use the BRIGHT orange from the pic! I need some brights to pick me up.

Beautiful colours, they were lots of fun to work with. Gorgeous layout of the team and guests. Looking forward to seeing the member layouts!

Great Case file as always....lovely inspiration too! Congrats to Kasia on joining the CSI detectives! Awesome!

Thank you, Denise :*

FAb reveal - unusual colour combo and lots of ideas to play with and gorgeous designer pages - I won't be able to play again this week because we'll be away, but I couldn't resist a little peep before we go! oh I just realised this would have been the perfect excuse to use some orange rub-ons I've been hoarding ... maybe I could do some on the train ..... ? :o)

Just came back to say a special WOW! for the Coordinates - they're just SO beautiful ... thanks Michele! :o)

The coordinates are beautiful, and so are these colors, it was a pleasure !

Lovely! Thanks for all the inspirations!

Wonderfull challenge and examples from DT & guests!
I haven't had a chance to play along for a while, but solving this case surely is on my schedule this week!

This is my first time playing along, I stumbled into this site and was so inspired by the whole concept! Thanks for the challenge you gave me this week! I posted my layout in the gallery. I think I did it correct, LOL

RSS

Translate, please.

Please donate if you can...

Major Case File No. 172 due

Case File No. 173 due

Challenge Rules

Please note that to win a prize, you need to follow the challenge guidelines. Basically,

• You need to follow the challenge (use all 5 colors, at least two Evidence clues, and at least one Testimony clue).
  • In the description, you need to describe the Evidence and Testimony clues.
  • You need to upload your layout by the deadline.

To see how we choose winners, click here.

Share the Flair

We're on facebook!

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

Promote Your Page Too

Counter Started 3/23/13

Forum

CSI Case Files

Come see the case file, our design team's layouts, and chat about the challenges.

188 discussions

Identify Yourself

Come say hi and introduce yourself! (Be sure to add a link to your blog if you have one.)

303 discussions

Full Disclosure (Special Announcements)

Check here for the latest CSI news and updates.

72 discussions

Interrogation Room

Got a question? Here's the place to find the answer!

72 discussions

Witness Stand

Get to know each other! Come chat about anything scrappy or anything else that's on your mind.

30 discussions

CSI Lab

A room for the CSI team to share tips and techniques and a peek into our scrap rooms.

66 discussions

© 2015   Created by Debbi Tehrani - DT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service