Due to bandwidth and storage restrictions we can only allow one image per layout on CSI. If you would like to share close-up photos, here's how you do it:
If you have a blog:
1. Open your blog, like you are going to compose a post.
2. Insert your close-up images. (I like to do this before I have added any text.)
3. Click on the HTML button (in Blogger, you can find this on the top left).
4. Copy the code for the images
5. Upload your main project image to the CSI gallery like you usually would.
6. Paste the HTML code for the images, from your blog post into the description box (you won't see your pictures until after you have clicked save).
7. Add in any other written details and click save. Now you will be able to see your close-ups.
A LITTLE HINT TO MAKE THIS EASIER: I add all my closeups to my blog and copy the html code and save it on a Word document before I add any text to my blog. Otherwise, it's cumbersome to look through the html code to find your image codes.
ANOTHER OPTION: Create another blog post that you won't publish and add all your close-ups there. Thanks to member Beck Beattie for that awesome suggestion!
If you don't have a blog:
1. Upload your close-up images to Photobucket or Flickr or some other online photo storage.
2. Open an image, copy the html code.
3. Upload your main project image to the CSI gallery like you usually would.
4. Paste the HTML code for the close-up image. You will have to copy and paste separately for each of your close-up images.
5. Add in any other written details and click save. Now you will be able to see your close-ups.
I hope these steps help. Please let me know if you have any questions about any part of these instructions or if something is unclear or doesn't work.
Ah, the light goes on! This sounds quite straightforward - thanks so much for posting the instructions, Debbie.
Eek - just uploaded Case #3, and attempted to include close ups. Instead of pictures, I've got code happening - how wretched! Mind you, the code links right to my photobucket album but that is most definitely not the idea. What have I done wrong?
Okay, I just tested how to do it with Photobucket.
Click on your picture you want the code for and it'll open in a new window.
Click on share.
Select the option that says: (MySpace, Hi5, Orkut, Friendster, eBay & more)
Copy that code. For the picture above, my code was this: <a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk144/Debbi_T/?action=view&a..." target="_blank"><img src="http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk144/Debbi_T/195_dt.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
I hope that helps!
So glad I finally read how to post the close up views. Thanks.